8.18.2009

some say love

this has been a difficult week. or last week rather. i lost one of my babysitters. im not sure what happened. but when i showed up at her house to drop off parker so i could go to work, she wasnt there. when she finally text messaged me, her response was that she had left for the jersey shore this morning. thats all. thats all she said. so now i am scrambling to figure out who is going to watch parker on wednesdays and thursdays now. luckily i have some very nice girls at my work who will watch her this week for me.

i had a terrrrrrrrible trip to the beach on sunday. like amateurs, my dad and i went to point pleasant and didnt leave the house until 12. it took three hours to get there. we never found parking. i got in the water for 5 minutes and then had to lug all my stuff back to findmy dad who was still in the car. we then turned around and drove 2 hours home. ugh. im never going back and i dont think he is either.

now for the good stuff. kyong visited on thursday and she brought me goodies from the farm. homemade dilly beans, pesto, and blackberry jam. farm fresh eggs and honey. a bundle of coriander that i am currently drying and a brown bag full of fresh garlic.

we drank grey goose and cranberry and sat on the porch and talked. friday we took a very long route into the city to see animal collective. while we were walking to the car, her to go rumdrink spilled in my purse soaked everything. i had to take off one of my tank tops to clean everything up. when i got back into my car that night it reeked of rum.

parker was babysat by the wonderful mollie, lexi, and caroline of williamsurg. they have become fast friends and i am so grateful for them.

nina is in town and i have plans to see her on thursday. i cannot wait!

-------------------------------------------------------

Is it much that I feel I need
A solid soul and the blood I bleed
With a little girl, and by my spouse
I only want a proper house

I don't care for fancy things
Or to take part in a precious race
And children cry for the one who has
A real big heart and a father's grace

I don't mean to seem like I care about material things like a social status
I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls


-animal collective

No comments:

Post a Comment