9.10.2009

its beginning to look a lot like......fall.

its starting to really feel like fall here. im able to dress parker in all of her adorable winter clothes. mainly pea coats, leg warmers, and corduroy skirts.


it looks as though i will be coming into some money this weekend thanks to marijana and her letting me help her sell some stuff.
ive decided to pay off my credit card and buy a new computer. im thinking 13.3" macbook pro. for the sole reason that it has an illuminated keyboard.
i will also have some money to save and some money to spend on parkers birthday party. which by the way is shaping up to be very cute. if you atlanta bloggers out there are interested in helping, i am doling out crafting and baking projects. handmade pinwheels anyone?
ive got some great ideas and i cannot wait for the little peanut to turn 1. i cant believe it really.

on a sad note i am looking down the line to a lot of rotating holidays and summers and im sad already. the cold weather is reminding me of how much i love fall and winter. and thanksgiving and christmas. i love traditions. i am wanting to carry on the ones i had as a child. holiday baking. lighting and decorating the christmas tree while listening to christmas music. christmas m&ms in a bowl. watching rudolph and all the other favorite holiday movies. its always hard growing up when all of the things you loved about christmas are gone because your an adult now and you dont live at home with your parents. and your siblings are spread out across the country. its all so sad. last year i had decided since i had parker i was going to start all of the traditions with her. but now everything has changed. i dont even know where i am going to have christmas. i wont have that mom dad and baby christmas that i want so badly. and i dread the days of having to have christmas without her.

ive just had a reality check this week. i guess it was about time. i couldnt keep living life thinking things were going to stay stagnant. some day soon ill have everything figured out. and i wont feel like a lost child with a child.

3 comments:

  1. I love her pea coat! I can't believe she's almost one. Its so strange.

    As per Christmas, we won't let the traditions die! Pat and I will find a way to be in NJ for Christmas if nothing else. My parents are going on a non-Christmasy cruise for Christmas, so I'm a little depressed about the lack of celebration myself. Don't worry. We got your back lovelamb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey missy. feel free to spend Christmas with me!!!!! Not that I have fabulous plans either.
    I'll make pinwheels or whatever you need. I have to say that I'm better at crafts than baking...although I am trying to improve, but I wouldn't want to use p's b-day as a trial run. ha. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top photo! But look at Parker sitting precariously at the edge of that
    dresser!!Yikes!

    That is very nice of Amy [and Pat] to offer to come for Christmas! I can send you my corny Christmas music you love to laugh at, and even some of my movies.

    I miss our wonderful Thanksgivings with friends and family. This year we will go to a community Thanksgving dinner. Not at the soup kitchen, but like it I suppose. I just can't see cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for 13 men who will gulp it down and bolt from the table. Too much work for little appreciation. However, The 'whats changed what is the same' would be pretty fun to do with the men.

    Chin up Scoob, it will not always be this way! I love you so. XOXOXOOX Mom

    ReplyDelete